Sunday, March 20, 2011

My beer education.

I don't really expect anyone to read this :) I kind of just mean it to be a record for myself.

I started becoming very interested in beer toward the end of my senior year of college, as I discovered that there is more to beer than Natural Light and Coors. I credit Blue Moon with being my gateway beer - for a easily-acquired supermarket beer, I was impressed with the body and flavor, and at the time found it unlikely the nasty watery stuff I'd been previously exposed to.

I discovered Beer for Chicks and noticed that in the user area, they had the option to do a blog. I thought it might be a nice opportunity to actually chronicle the beer I try as I try to develop my palate a bit better. I had my blog over there for awhile before I ported it over here to Blogger, mainly because there were some security glitches over there that made it pretty certain that none of my curious friends could ever see what I was up to, if they felt so inclined.

I'm not a very gifted writer, nor a very gifted taster at this stage in the game. But like I said, I mostly intend for this to be a written documentation of my learning experience, as well as a record of the beers I've tried and what my impressions are of them.

I've already tried lots of beers, but I haven't written about many of them, so I'm a bit behind in that aspect. I'm going to try, from this point forward, to do a post per beer, including one for beers I've tried before as I get to them. I want to try not to do it by memory, but rather if I can get an opportunity to get my hands on them again I'd like to do it fresh. If you are happening to read this (god bless for sticking with me this long!), I welcome any comments on the style and flavor that I may have missed, as well as any corrections to inaccuracies. I am here to learn :)

1 comment: