Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beer every weekend

You may have noticed I never got around writing up the LA Beer Week closing festival at Union Station. There is a good reason for that -- my memories of that day are fuzzy at best. Drinking high octane beers in 100 degree weather can do that to a person! Regardless, the festival itself appeared well-planned and well-executed, with tons of breweries each providing a pretty decent selection of brews. I was impressed to see breweries bringing 4+ beers, plus some that were opening "special selections" at times throughout the day! One particular highlight was Hangar 24's opening of their Barrel Roll #3 - Pugachev's Cobra. While everyone was clamoring for a pour, the crowd chanted "Pugachev! Pugachev!" and clinked glasses uproariously when it came time to taste. Notably missing was Craftsman; it's hard enough to find kegs from the LA area's most mercurial brewery, so it was disappointing to not see them represented at Union Station. Maybe next year!

Moving forward, though -- since Oktober is not over yet (see what I did there?) This Saturday I'll be hanging out at Hollywood On Tap, a charitable beer festival with 100% of the proceeds benefiting The Blank Theater. The festival is boasting unlimited 4oz tasting pours from around 50 local or California breweries. Tickets must be purchased beforehand if you're interested in going; hopefully I'll see you there!

See what I mean when I say "Beer every weekend?" The fun never stops when you're a craft beer fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment