Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hollywood On Tap 10/20/12


I had a great time last weekend at Hollywood on Tap, which I mentioned in an earlier post was a beer festival benefiting the Blank Theater in Hollywood. Focusing mostly on local breweries and filled with LA's ubiquitous (and delicious!) food trucks, I got to relax on the "streets of New York" (courtesy Paramount backlot) and drink some new beers I'd never tried before.

Drinking LA beer on the streets of New York!

This lady DJ was feeling her beats and I was feeling her enthusiasm!
Among lots of other beers, I got to enjoy Monkish Brewing's Red Table, Monkish Brewing's Feminist, and Beachwood Brewing's Knucklehead Red. I guess it was a red ale kind of a day!

I also am way into food (because food and beer together are heaven, obviously) and was particularly tickled by the theme of the "Trailer Park Truck."



I ended up getting the Mackin' Cheeseburger (macaroni and cheese, bacon, onion rings) but I un-rednecked it a bit by getting it on a bed of lettuce:


So, overall, between the great beer, seemingly seamless organization, and tantalizing food (seriously, that went so well with my beer) Hollywood On Tap was a great little event that I hope was able to raise some money for the Blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment