Thursday, September 6, 2012

Soon: LA BEER WEEK!

Fellow beer friends! Did you know LA Beer Week is coming up on us?

It's a glorious week filled with events held at different locales around the city, where craft beer admirers, newbies, and devotees alike have the opportunity to attend tastings, pairings, evenings with brewmasters and brewery owners, and other beer-related shenanigans all over the city, every day for 10 days (liberties are taken with "week," here!)

For last year's Beer Week, some of my favorite events included the kick-off festival at Naja's Place, featuring a TON of Stone beers, and a Trappist pairing with artisanal gourmet sausage at Wurstküche Venice. I also helped out at the 3rd annual Beer Float Showdown at Eagle Rock Brewery:

 
 
Unfortunately, I missed the main event: the closing celebration at Union Station. I was away at a department retreat for school. But not this year! Beer Week falls in September this year, which has no conflicts with any retreat or conflicts I'll need to go to! So I'm looking forward to getting my fill of tasty craft beer at LA's most dedicated beer spots.

Remember that thing I said about possibly posting more about events? This may begin my foray into that, if I can remain coherent enough to take decent notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment